The boyhood home of Harper and Dylan Reed
By @harper and @dylanreed
In the summer of 2016, my brother, Dylan Reed, and I were trying to figure out what the “next” prank would be after we wrapped our parents car with a zebra pattern. We wanted to make sure that it was a really great prank and something that was more permanent.
At the time I was traveling to London a lot and always liked seeing the blue historical markers on every other building around London. We thought maybe that would be a funny thing to add to our parents house: A historical monument
The issue was: What would the monument say?
Well, we figured the best thing to celebrate was our amazing life and our “boyhood home”.
Here is the monument:
Before we put it in the ground
Up close on the panel
A video of it being placed:
It is really awesome and helps identify what an important place our parents house is.
The full text reads: Boyhood home of Harper and Dylan Reed. The first Astronauts to explore Uranus.
A couple notes:
- There is a typo
- The rock weighs about 800lbs
- The plaque is supposed to last around 60 years
- We really should double check our work before we set it in stone. so to speak.
- We are geniuses
- Our wonderful parents for not killing us, again.
- Our wonderful partners (Sarah and Hiromi) for not ratting us out and dealing with the crazy REED boys, again.
- Carmen over at 123-awards for making the ridiculous plaque
- Greeley Monument Works for doing an amazing job finding a rock and mounting our plaque.